Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sucessful business person

I have a theory on doing business. If my business is good, it's not because of the weather, the time of year or the economy. It's because of me. I'm doing something right. If my business is bad, it's not because of the weather, the time of the year or the economy. It's because of me. I'm doing something wrong. Somebody is always buying something from somebody, so how can I make them buy from me?
First of all, you need confidence in yourself and your merchandise with clear goals and knowledge of the products you are selling. Only then can you inspire dedication from your staff and a willingness to buy from customers.
Successful business people, no matter what their industry, have been found to share similar traits. Today's world is no longer satisfied with simply success--we want to know how the successful get to the top. The Russians developed a concept called "anthropomaximology," in which they try to answer the question of why some individuals outperform others. Through the years I've done some anthropomaximology of my own and found there are certain qualities that describe successful business people. Here are a few:
1 They constantly set higher goals Successful business people are mountain climbers who, having climbed one peak, look beyond to the next highest. They are the retailers who send 1,500 mailers to their customers and yield a good turnout of 100. But instead of being satisfied with 100, they ask how they can increase that number to 150 the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment